Health and Care Worker Visa

Back To Home Page

Corporate Immigration

Health and Care Worker Visa

  What is a Health and Care Worker Visa?


The Health and Care Worker Visa is a type of UK visa that can be applied for by individuals working in the health and care sector. This UK visa category provides eligible individuals who meet the application requirements with the opportunity to work in the UK for a limited period of time. The main purpose of this visa category is to provide the necessary workforce to the UK's health and care sector.


  Who can apply?


To apply for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you must:


√ Be a qualified doctor, nurse, healthcare professional or adult social care professional

√ Have received a job offer that has been approved by an employer approved by the Home Office

√ Have a "sponsorship certificate" from your employer that contains information about the position offered to you

√ The salary offered to you must be at least the minimum wage amount for the type of work you will be doing

√ Have at least a B1 level of English language proficiency


You must meet these requirements.


  What are the required documents?


√ Sponsorship certificate reference number - your employer will provide this to you

√ Proof of your English language proficiency

√ A valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality

√ Your education information

√ Your job offer

√ Financial documents that prove you have enough personal savings to support yourself


  What are the benefits?


If you are eligible to receive this type of UK visa, your visa will be valid for 5 years. After this time, you can apply to extend your visa or apply for a different type of visa. Additionally, after the 5-year period, you will have the right to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.


You can apply for this UK visa type up to 3 months before your start date, and visa applications are usually processed within 3 weeks. In this type of UK visa, you can work extra jobs in certain circumstances, volunteer, receive education, bring your family with you, travel abroad, and apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years.


Legal Disclaimer; The materials appearing on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or visa advice.