Representative of an Overseas Business Visa

Back To Home Page

Innovator Visa

Representative of an Overseas Business Visa

 What is a Representative of an Overseas Business Visa?


If you are an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency, or broadcasting organization assigned to a long-term assignment in the UK, or a representative of an overseas business, you can apply for this type of UK visa.


This visa type does not require a Sponsor Certificate, and you must have English proficiency at the A1 level.


You can apply for this visa up to 3 months before your intended travel date, and the visa decision is usually made within 3 weeks.


Successful applicants for this visa type are initially granted a 3-year visa. After the expiry of this period, they can apply for an extension for up to 2 more years, and at the end of the total 5-year period, they can apply for permanent residency.


Applicants who are granted this UK visa can bring their families with them, work full-time for their employer, and apply to change their visa type. However, they cannot work for another employer or apply for government funds.


 What Documents Are Required?


√ A valid passport

√ Financial documents showing that you have enough funds to support yourself

√ Proof of English proficiency

√ A statement detailing the company you will be working for

√ An employment contract stating that you will represent the company full-time

√ Accommodation details



Legal Disclaimer; The materials appearing on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or visa advice.